Thursday, March 5, 2015

Happy Snow Day - שמח יום שלג

Oh, how nice it is to have this snow day. I’d like to say I spent most of my time doing homework, but Downton Abbey can be irresistible. However, I thought it would be fun to learn some Winter-related vocabulary, so that is exactly what I did! Many people think that since Israel is located in the Middle East it doesn't snow there, but that is not the case! Jerusalem gets snow on rare occasions, but it snows often in the Golan Heights near Syria. It is even a popular skiing destination! When I was in Hebrew School and learning about Israel, the teachers would tell us that you could take a camel ride in the desert and go skiing all in one day!
Anyways, here is the Hebrew vocabulary!

Winter
Choh-rehf
חורף
Cold
Kahr
קר
Snow
Sheh-leg
שלג
It’s snowing!
Yoh-rehd sheh-leg
יורד שלג
Happy snow day!
Sah-may-ach yohm sheh-leg
שמח יום שלג
It’s cold today
Kahr ha-yohm
קר היום
And now for some pictures!

One of my favorite things about snow is that can make the most simple thing appear photogenic!


Blank Spaces
I think this is a twig

I thought this one looked cool

I hope you had a great day and were more productive than I was! I’ll be back this weekend for a Purim-themed post. I LOVE PURIM!

Good-bye (שלום),

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment